1. Licensed dogs have a greater chance of being returned home if lost. Dogs found wearing their license tags can be looked up and reunited with their owners. (Don't forget micro-chipping as well!)
2. Helps keep the public safe from rabies. When licensing your dog, a rabies vaccination is required. Your city is ensuring the dog population stays safe, and in turn the human population as well. (I would like to see cities accept titer tests as proof of immunity against rabies as well).
3. Identifies to strangers who might find your lost dog, that your dog is not a stray.
4. Helps your city organization regulate aggressive dogs and investigate any incidents involving a dog, to keep everyone safe.
5. Many times licensing fees help fund local shelters.
|Support your local shelters...license!|