National Pet Fire Safety Day is coming up on July 15. Between now and then I encourage you to put together a "whole family" plan (including your pets) as to how you'd handle a fire emergency in your home to get everyone out safely. Here are some tips just for your pup!
* Practice the plan once it's in place...with your pet.
* It's best to sleep with your bedroom door closed. Consider closing your pet inside with you at night.
* Keep leashes and collars easily accessible (perhaps near the entrance of your house)
* Place a "pets inside" window cling on your front door window and keep it up to date.
* Make one person responsible for each pet.
* Be aware of all of your pets regular hiding spots when he/she gets scared.
*Don't risk your life to save your pet. Leave that to the professionals. (Easier said than done, I know)