Monday, September 29, 2014

Oldies But Goodies

In our house we are very fortunate and grateful everyday.  We have 4 healthy, happy (mostly senior) pets. 

First came our cat Nickers.  He is now 14 and looking a bit like an old man.  We got him as a 6 week old kitten after he was found along the road in the rain and brought to a local veterinarian.  He has always been our super timid guy, but very loving.

Nickers

Next came Piper.  He is now pushing 11 and in fairly good shape if I do say so myself!  He was the product of a couple in Vermont who lived on a farm and bred their two golden retrievers.  He's always been a beautiful looking golden, but boy did he have a crazy streak when he was younger.  He came to us being the boss and he was determined to keep that status.  With age, he has mellowed and learned to appreciate us.  The feelings are mutual and I just love how he represents being a strong senior dog.

Piper

Then along came Foof.  Oh boy, he's our problem child!  He is our 9 year old cat we got from an ad in the newspaper when he was just 8 weeks old.  The owners were all too happy to hand him over.  They must have known what he would turn into....a huge pain! We love him, but he doesn't make it easy.  He regularly tries to beat up on Nickers, he acts like a badly behaved dog, he breaks things all over the house, he eats things like a naughty puppy and he's overall just in a miserable mood all the time.  I generally tell people to think of "Spike" from Gremlins if you want to know what Foof is like.

Foof

Finally comes my big love, Murray.  Murray is now 7 and time is flying way too fast.  I don't know how I got so lucky, but he is complete perfection in my eyes.  It's just in his nature to make people happy, especially me.  He's so very smart and all he wants to do is be with me.  He's never met a dog he doesn't like and he's happy no matter where you take him or what you do.  He's just the best!

Murray

So, all my oldies are absolute goodies and life would not be the same without them.  Cherish your senior pets...that's really when the best of them shows up!  Well, we're still waiting on that with Foof!

7 comments:

  1. HER seniors always taught HER valuable lessons. Enjoy each moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great look back, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We agree with Foley and seniors rock in our book. Have a terrific Tuesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. seniors are great, I specially like Foof, think he would be the perfect partner in crime for me :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMD, that sounds just like my house! We've got four pets -- two cats and two dogs -- and all but me are seniors. And I turn 7 next month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ma keep waiting for me to mellow...she hopes it's gonna happen before I become a senior! BOL
    Senior doggies and kittehs are the bestest!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete

She Deserves Better