* Create a safe space that is just for your dog. A crate is a good place to use. Use a comfy bed, put in some toys and start training your dog that this is a safe and happy place to relax.
* Properly training a dog can cut down on anxieties. If your dog knows what is expected of him, it causes him less stress.
* Provide lots and lots of exercise. A tired dog is a less anxious dog.
* Do not overcompensate and essentially reward the anxious behavior. If your dog gets cuddled when he displays anxiety, you are reinforcing the anxiety.
* Sometimes a second dog in the home helps relieve stress in a dog. Sometimes it does not. Perhaps testing your dog out during doggie play dates would be a good idea. Maybe he's in need of a buddy of his own kind.
|Buddies! ~ Piper helps Murray stay stress free!|