Monday, September 2, 2013

Scrub A Dub Dub!

Woo Hoo!  End of August/ beginning of September means fewer clippings and baths of the dog variety in our household.  Instead of every few weeks, we now cut back to every other month or so.  Of course we do maintenance trims and clean ups when we find matted fur or the occasional mud pile, but the full on shave down and outside baths under the hose will now be put on hold until next spring.  Murray (and I) are pretty excited about the break!  It's no easy task for he and I!  We did however discover a wonderful little tool for bath time this year that I have to share...a bath scrub brush for dogs!  Now I realize these have probably been around a long while, but in my mind, I didn't see the point of using a brush instead of my hands to scrub him up.  Well, for dogs with dry, itchy skin issues, there is a huge benefit!  Murray has always had allergy skin that much of the time gets dry, flaky and even from time to time a bit inflamed.  At the recommendation of our vet, we purchased a rubber brush specifically for dog baths.  Not only does he LOVE the feeling of the gentle scrubbing on his skin while I'm working the shampoo in, (which makes bath time much easier) but it has helped keep his skin clearer too!  It sloughs off the dead, dried up skin and really helps clean everything up!  With each bath this summer his skin was looking healthier and healthier.  Finally a brushing tool he doesn't run from! 

Bath Brush
 

13 comments:

  1. That is a great scrubber, something like that may make Phod like a bath! Lee and Phod

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT looks GRRRRRREAT Murray.

    PeeS BUDDY Sarge is hosting DATE DAY on Sept. 7th.. There are lots of beautiful Blogville Wimmen out there... lookin and HOPING fur some CLEAN and HANDSOME Guyz to ask them... Just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Y'all!

    BOL! That's like the horses', curry comb! I have a rubber brush my Human uses on me too, but it has longer rubber tips that are further apart. I love my bathes and body massages!

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen those. Thanks for letting me know they work well

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are getting groomed Wednesday and it will probably be quite awhile before we get clipped again. I have a date on Saturday so I gotta look good.

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like a great scrubbing brush! Mommy bought the Zoom Groom but it doesn't work very well with my long fur. It tends to pull out a lot of my fur making it very unpleasant for me.

    ...Whisky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you will be having less B.....s (can't say the word) Murray and good thing you like the brush. We too are hoping now for less drenchings. Have a terrific Tuesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  8. We don't think us little chihuahuas would enjoy that too much but bet it is grrreat for you bigger pups!
    Dip Bridge and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have a brush sort of like that. We got it for free and it's a CAT brush....but we still use it.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is super cool, I run away from my brushes but I might like that one :) xx0xxx

    Mollie and Alfie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Its so important to stay nice and clean!

    urban hounds

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooh, that looks amazin'! I'm really not one for brushes (as you can tell!! hehehe) butts that one looks pretty cool!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. That brush looks great to have!! I need to get one for Joker! <3

    ReplyDelete

She Deserves Better