1. Consider what the best diet is for your aging pup. Often seniors function better on a lower protein food so as not to over stress the kidneys.
2. Ask your vet about conducting a senior blood panel to find and possibly treat early, any sneaky ailments.
3. Consider increasing your vet checkups to twice a year, rather than just annually, to catch things early when they're more treatable.
4. Continue to prevent fleas and ticks.
5. Adjust exercise levels to suit your dog. Aging dogs tire faster and stiffen more easily.
6. Glucosamine/ Chondroitin can be a great supplement to add to a senior dog's diet to help with stiffness.